ABOUT THE OWNER
- In 1991, Helen Walker started Coronado Weddings, the first Wedding Consultant business in Coronado.
- Today, the company is 25 years old and has achieved many firsts in the Wedding Industry.
Helen became the first Wedding Director at the famous and historical Hotel del Coronado.
She has planned the smallest wedding to the big bash weddings for famous clients
in the Sports, Music and the Business world.
- Helen’s weddings have been published in People magazine, Grace Ormonde and
many other Southern California Bridal magazines.
- Coronado Weddings has continued to this day by her daughter Victoria Schroeder who designs luxury weddings for both Coronado Weddings and Victoria weddings.
- Chelsea started working with Helen on the first day the chapel opened. Through her training with Helen she has emerged as an amazing coordinator and is now the primary Wedding Coordinator at the Chapel.
Kathryn started working as a Wedding Assist./Intern for Victoria Weddings & Events and Coronado Weddings three years ago coordinating weddings and assisting bride’s with every need they may have.
Helen as Owner of the Coronado Wedding Chapel and formerly Coronado Weddings for 16 years met Kathryn and instantly saw her talent and heard from her daughter Victoria that there is no task, big or small that Kathryn won’t take on and make something beautiful come out of it. She recently joined the staff of Coordinators at the Coronado Wedding Chapel. She is professional and the couples at the Chapel love her!
Kathryn is a native of San Diego and graduate of University of California at San Diego with a degree in Psychology.
- Brooke & Helen have been working together since 2003 when Brooke joined the Catering team at the nearby Hotel del Coronado. She spent 4 incredible years there guiding brides, grooms, and their families through the wedding planning process and the big day itself. Since 2007, she has worked as an independent wedding & event planner all over San Diego and Southern California and is thrilled to bring all of her experience back to the place and event she loves most – weddings in Coronado!